First time home buyer assistance through First Front Door
Buying your first home can be one of the most exciting times in your life. It can also be among the most stressful, as you struggle to find the right financing options for your purchase. As a first-time home buyer, you could be eligible for assistance with your down payment and closing costs through the First Front Door (FFD) program. For every $1 you contribute as the homebuyer, FFD will provide $3, up to a maximum of $5,000.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer. This means you have not owned a single-family home used as your primary residence in the last three years.
- Be income eligible. The income of the entire household must be at or below 80 percent of the area median income at the time of FFD program enrollment.
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling from an approved counseling agency before purchasing the home.
- Retain the home for five years from the loan closing date to keep the full amount of the grant. If the home is sold before five years, some of the grant subsidy might need to be repaid.
- Other qualification and eligibility requirements apply.
Buying your first home is an important milestone in your life. If you’ve found the one that’s right for you, local lenders at F&M Trust help you every step of the way. Before you know it, you will be holding the keys to unlock your first front door. F&M Trust is an Equal Housing Lender.
David Kuhns is Residential Mortgage Manager for F&M Trust. NMLS# 615379
Join our e-newsletter
Sign up for our e-newsletter to get new content each month.